Types of information
Personal information: is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
Sensitive information: is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive information includes information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, health information or biometric information.
The information we collect
Personal information: The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- where you a customer of our car and parts removal services, your date of birth and a copy of your driver’s license;
- where you a customer purchasing parts, your delivery address;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address, and/or telephone number;
- your credit card or payment details (through our third-party payment processor);
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries, and/or browsing behavior;
- information about your access and use of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated applications, associated social media platforms, and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
Sensitive information: We do not actively request sensitive information about you. If at any time we need to collect sensitive information about you, unless otherwise permitted by law, we will first obtain your consent and we will only use it as required or authorized by law.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you call or email us, or purchase products.
- Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone, and in your online inquiries.
Collection and use of personal information
Personal information: We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our Services to you, including to locate and remove your car or car parts, or to sell products and parts to you (where you are a customer), or to license our web application to you (where you are a business who wishes to license our application);
- to enable you to access and use our associated applications;
- to contact and communicate with you about our Services;
- for internal recordkeeping, administrative, invoicing, and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research, and business development, including to operate and improve our Services, associated applications;
- for advertising and marketing, including sending you promotional information about our products and services and information that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- if otherwise required or authorized by law.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, to us, including (without limitation) tow truck drivers, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, couriers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors, and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required or authorized by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics (To find out how Google uses data when you use third-party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time), Facebook Pixel or other relevant analytics businesses; and
- any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
Overseas disclosure: Where we disclose your personal information to third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. You also have the right to contact the relevant privacy authority.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorized access, modification, and disclosure.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information are carried out at your own risk.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our online Services.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact us at:
Cash Your Car Sydney Pty Ltd ABN 38 634 888 510
Last update: 27 November 2020